International Women's Day: A Few of My Favorite Authors

 I'm one of those folks who wish they were blessed with an ability to write a compelling, fascinating, and unputdownable novel. Unfortunately, it's just not in my wheelhouse. That doesn't stop me from admiring authors who have that talent and discipline to craft worlds I get to live in, just for a little while. 

On today, International Women's Day, I am posting a few of my favorite authors. Over the years, I've noticed I read novels written by women about 90% of the time. It's not a purposeful thing I do; however, it's just what I'm drawn to and enjoy. I have my favorite male authors as well. But today it's all about the women! 

Here are a few of my favorite authors, in no particular order. They write historical fiction, science fiction/fantasy, contemporary fiction, mysteries and thrillers. This is by no means all of my favorite authors (I can't have just one!) but they definitely have given me great reading memories:


Geraldine Brooks
Mercedes Lackey



Sarah Addison Allen




Elly Griffiths


Cherie Priest




Barbara Erskine





Karen White
Alice Hoffman



Jane Harper




Sarah Jio
Sandra Dallas



Simone St. James



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

No Book Buying for 40 Days: Testing My Resolve and Will Power

A New Year, A New Reading Goal, and the Temptation of Gift Cards

The Last Garden in England by Julia Kelly